Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Heaven is His Home

I visited my dad that Friday, December 7.  He said he was having one of his best days.  He said he just didn't ache all over.  He exercised while I watched and we talked, just about this and that. I spent the afternoon with him alone, my mom didn't feel well and went home.  I left for home to attend a church Christmas party.

That was the last time I would ever see my dad again.  He went home to be with the Lord that night in his sleep.  The next several days were so hard, but we bonded together as a family and rallied around my mom.

So many of my friends have also lost their dad's this year.  I don't know exactly how to walk through this thing called grieving but I know I will have many friends that will help me through it because they also walked and are walking this road.

I don't know what the future holds ... but I know who holds the future.

Love you Dad -- see you again soon.


2 comments:

Profbaugh said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm afraid I haven't been in the blog world for a while. Too much time taken up on social media (teaching it, so I have to use it). My Dad has five stints and is 82. I spent the summer up in Chicago two years ago when he had his heart attack. So far, he's healed well. Had a little scare in August, but all is well. In the meantime, know that I'm praying for you. I can't really imagine what you're going through--haven't been there yet.

Take good care of yourself, my friend. It's been far too long since we've connected.

Much love,
Cheryl (Profbaugh)
"Cheryl Burleson Baugh" on Facebook

Midwest Nest said...

Thanks for your comment. It sure has been awhile since you've posted. Thanks for your kind words. They were much needed. Yesterday was a hard day.